Friday, November 01, 2013

Working Life (Part 1)

Hi,

Today's I would like to share about my working life. I started early since I still in my degree, it's started with a Skim Khidmat Pelajar (SKP) work as operator at Bahagian Pengambilan Pelajar UiTM during semester break before I've been dragged to the UiTM development team lead by Mr Azrul Amir (An IT Officer at my department there) to developed MOHE System. Which is I-Mas-CU (Intelligent Management Admission System Checking to University), here's the link.


You guy's can try it out, basically it's for SPM candidate who are having a hard time choosing their Universities and Study field. I work almost one year there as a part time programmer until my final semester as a degree student before i decided to quit and focused on two things in my life which important at the moment, my love life and my final year project. If you guys followed my blogged closely, we all know where's exactly those two things end.

Having the most hard time ever finishing my degree with almost extend possibilities, I managed to get myself graduate on time. Of course I learn it the hard way, I had to took the most painful way to complete my studies. While waiting for my convocation, I've been offered to work as Software Engineer in the company named Prominent Multimedia Sdn Bhd based in Usj 1 Subang Jaya. It's actually is a coincidence as me and my roommate arep was sending our close friend yana to the company for an interview, as yana got the job she did recommend me the job because the company actually still looking for a new engineer. 

So there I was, a newly fresh graduated who working as system engineer to the local company that basically focused on two things at the moments, SAGA system (accountancy) for the government agencies and Summon system for Majlis-Majlis Daerah and Perbandaran. Actually total up our friends together who are from the same batch into this company is 5 people, and we had no idea the current situation for those projects awaits for us. There's nothing wrong with the company to me personally, it's just the project management and staff management is really poor.


The first name of Prominent Multimedia is actually RK Komputer
This is our lobby

My department. Third floor.

My Desk

Us - Colleague

Unfortunately, we didn't stay long in the company. We only managed to be patience not more than two months before decided to find another job. The company actually didn't pay our EPF although every month our HR did deduct from our pay-check. Every day I need to be at client site which at Majlis Peperiksaan Malaysia, Selayang. It's like hour and a half drive with normal traffic, 3 hours if heavy. We couldn't hold the pressure as we work everyday and not a single day is our day off, neither it's weekend or public holiday. Most of the time we stayed pass late until 11 p.m. every single day and sometimes until 2, 3 or 4 a.m. The project timeline is really critical and the poor project management by the companies had forced us to leave it. 
My client site. I really miss those makcik. 

Personally, I considered myself as lucky because I received another offer a week before I leave Prominent. It's closer to home which is 5 minutes by car. I've been offered to choose between Software Engineer or System Analyst by the bos during my interview session. I chose to be System Analyst, less programming and more managerial also documentation. 

The company name is Simple Advantage Sdn Bhd. To me, this company is really perfect in every terms possible. The management, the all malay staff, the socialize activity, the environment, the office, the pay and so much more about this company is A in my book. 

The front door office

My office area. Really nice environment.

All those colleagues of mine. Miss all of them.

My work station. Although I rarely at the office. I have my own personal space. 

We always had food. Pot-Luck and many more event involving food. =.=

Our buka puasa event + my farewell party at Grand Seasons Hotel. 

I really missed all those guys and girls at Simple Advantage. I really enjoy working there and will never ever forget about that place. There's a lot of reason for me to leave the company including to look after my parents here in Johor, but more on that later. I decided it's about time to move back to my hometown and build my career here. It's a risk that I had to take considering my field is not really well advance and progressive. I'll write some more in the part 2. :) 

Till then.


No comments:

Post a Comment